It’s been my experience thus far that no one will ever care as much as you or make decisions the same way that you would make them. Who could blame them really? After all, it's not their project. Managing people is a pain for that very reason, but it’s a skill you need to have. The key is to focus on results, and results only. Don't worry about the "how" as much as the end result.
Here’s an outline:
- Define company goals 90 days out
- Find projects that will help you accomplish those goals
- Define those projects closely
- Assign out the various tasks
- Manage those tasks. Make sure they are done. These are the results that need to be completed.